In the last years I created Windows Installer packages (MSI files) using various tools. Now I'm working on the installer for NUnit 3 and we're using Windows Installer XML (WiX) version 3. I'm writing this post to collect links to interesting resources for creating setups using WiX.
- Windows Installer SDK in the MSDN library
- Windows Installer 4.5 SDK: contains tools like Orca or the Windows Installer documentation as CHM file.
- Windows Installer XML (WiX): a toolset that builds Windows Installer packages from XML source code.
- Understanding Microsoft Installer Logs
- Automated Install Testing - MSI Validation
- Conditional Statement Syntax
For getting started with WiX: